- a. “Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation” means processing your Personal Data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
- b. “Data” means personal and non-personal User’s data that is submitted, generated, featured and displayed through the Platform, collected from the use of the Service and stored on Sxill’s servers.
- c. “Legitimate Interest” means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our Services to enable us to give you the best Service and the best and most secure experience. We consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights before we process your Personal Data for our legitimate interests.
- d. “Mentor” means any person or entity that offers the Mentor Services to the Participants in a Workshop, including but not limited to, designers, architects, woodworking instructors, cooking instructors, journalists, authors, consultants, and advisors.
- e. “Participants” means a person or company that contacts, engages and/or aims to attend or attends a Workshop for the Mentor Services through the Platform.
- f. “Performance of our Services” means processing your Data where it is necessary for the performance of our Services.
- g. “Personal Data” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, address, photo, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address, birthday, office location, professional and personal interests, company name, title department, spoken languages) or information about that individual that is directly linked to personally identifiable information.
- h. “Platform” means any online tool provided, processed and/or maintained by Sxill (including, but not limited to, through Sxill’s website, all subpages and subdomains, all Content, Services, and products available at or through the Platform located at https://www.sxilllab.com or any related domain or any mobile application offering access to, or facilitating the provision of, the Services).
- j. “Service” means the online and/or offline services, provided by Sxill for the provision and use of the technology that Sxill has developed to facilitate the access of the Participants to a variety of Workshops and the Mentors in various fields, including without limitation access to Sxill’s online community, communication tools, and payment services.
- k. “Sxill’s Terms and Conditions” means all of the terms, conditions and notices contained or referenced in Sxill’s Terms and Conditions and all other Sxill rules, policies (as amended from time to time) available on the Platform.
- l. “User”, “you” or “your” collectively mean the person, company, or organization that uses and/or visits our Platform and/or the Service. A User may be a Participant, a Mentor, both, or neither.
1.Important information and who we are
Data through your use of the Platform, including any Data you may provide through the Platform
when you register an Account, use any Service and/or sign up to our newsletter, as well as installing
and signing up to any Sxill mobile application.
Our Platform is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect Data relating to children
which may be amended from time to time, or any fair processing notice we may provide on specific
occasions when we are collecting or processing Personal Data about you so that you are fully aware
intended to override them.
will not be required to provide you with prior notification of such amendments or changes to this
the dedicated link available at our Platform. Your continued use of the Platform and/or the Service
undertake to cease using our Platform and/or Services immediately.
Please note that it is substantial that the Personal Data we hold about you is accurate and current.
Please keep us informed and updated if your Personal Data changes during your relationship with us.
1.3 Third-party links
2.The data we collect about you
2.1 What Is Personal Data?
2.1.1 Depending on which of our Services you use and how you interact with our Platform, we collect different kinds of information from or about you. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- a. Identity Data includes first name, last name, address, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender.
- b. Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, location, email address and/or telephone numbers.
- c. Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you.
- d. Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, make and model (mobile phones only), operating system, hardware version, platform, device settings and other technology identification on the devices used to access our Platform, file and software names and types, device identifiers, time zone setting and location, device locations such as through GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
- e. Profile Data includes any Mentor Profile information, any User’s username and password, any purchases or orders made by a Participant, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- f. Usage Data includes information about how you use our Platform, products and services and how you use your devices to access our Platform, including the screens you visit and searches you make.
- g. Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences
- h. Other Data includes:
- i. photos or other data uploaded onto any of our Platform by you or shared with other Users of our Platform by you via our Platform;
- ii. communications with us via social media platforms, email, electronic messages and other electronic and non-electronic communications;
- iii. third party partner information related to how you use our third party partners, such as your reviews of our merchant partners or other service providers.
- iv. your networks and connections made available to us, depending on the permissions you have granted, from your mobile and desktop devices’ address book contacts, and other social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
2.1.2 We also collect, use and share aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic Data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your Personal Data but is not considered Personal Data as this Data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Platform feature.
2.1.3 We do not collect any Personal Data about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, genetic and biometric). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
2.2 What Personal Data Do We Collect?
2.2.1 Personal Data You Provide Us With: We receive and store any information you enter on our Platform or that you provide us with in any other way. The types of Personal Data collected may include your name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address, birthday, office location, professional and personal interests, company name, title department, spoken languages, use information regarding your use of our Service and Platform, and browser information.
The Personal Data you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up an Account and/or
complete a Mentor Profile that can be used to interact with other Users through the Platform,
improving the content of the Service, customizing the advertising and content you see, and
communicating with you about events and new features. We may also draw upon this Personal Data
in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our
network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
2.2.2 Information Collected Automatically: When you use the Service, Sxill automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. We treat this data as nonPersonal Data, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. Sxill only uses this Data in aggregate form. We may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our site, so that our partners may also understand how often people use their services and our Service.
2.2.3 If you fail to provide Personal Data: Where we need to collect Personal Data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that Personal Data when requested, we may not be able to perform our Services. In this case, we may have to cancel the Service which you have with us, provided that we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. How is your Personal Data collected?
We use different methods to collect Data from and about you including through:
- a. From the information you provide to us when you meet us;
- b. From information you provided to us by your company;
- c. When you communicate with us in writing, by telephone, fax, email or through the Platform or other forms of electronic communication. In this respect, we may monitor, record and store any such communication;
- d. When you complete a Workshop registration or other forms;
- e. When you register an Account with our Platform;
- f. From publicly available sources or from third parties, most commonly where we need to conduct background checks about you;
- g. Direct interactions. You may give us your identity, contact and financial data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, and email or otherwise. This includes Personal Data you provide when you:
- i. apply for our Services;
- ii. create an Account on our Platform;
- iii. subscribe to our Service or publications;
- iv. enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- v. entering data for installing or using any Sxill powered application and/or installing;
- vi. correspond with us (online or offline including via email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us;
- vii. post Content on our Platform; or
- viii. give us feedback and review.
- h. Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Platform, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this Personal Data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
- i. Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive Personal Data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out above Technical Data from the following parties:
- i. analytics providers such as Google;
- ii. advertising networks/agencies and
- iii. search information providers.
- j. Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from technical and payment providers; and
- k. Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources.
4. How do we share your information?
4.1 Information shared with everyone in the community: If you are a Mentor, we may publicly share some of your Mentor Profile such as your name, photo and profession, your Services, company name and logo, your Workshop photos, and any other information that you allow us to share. You can choose what Personal Data you provide as part of your Mentor Profile. We recommend that you guard your sensitive information.
4.2 Information shared with Mentors: As a Participant, if you register for a Workshop, we may share your name, phone number, location and email address with the applicable Mentor in order to fulfill your request or booking, as applicable.
4.3 Partners: We enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses may sell items or provide promotions to you through Sxill’s Service.
4.5 Protection of Sxill and Others: We may release Personal Data when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the applicable laws; enforce or apply Sxill’s Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Sxill, our employees, our users, or others.
5. How we use your Personal Data
5.1 We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to.
5.2 Most commonly, we will use your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- a. Where we need to perform our Service
- b. Where it is necessary for our Legitimate Interests (or those of a third party) and your interests, and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- c. Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
5.3 Purposes for which we will use your Personal Data:
5.3.1 Performance of our Services
- a. We process your Personal Data because it is necessary for the performance of our Services. In this respect, we use your Personal Data for the following:
- i. To assist with preparation of a Confirmation Order for you regarding a Workshop;
- ii. To deal with any complaints or feedback you may have;
- iii. For any other purpose for which you provide us with your Personal Data.
- b. In this respect, we may share your Personal Data with or transfer it to the following:
- i. Subject to your consent, third parties whom we engage to assist in delivering the Services to you, including Mentors and other third parties;
- ii. Our professional advisers where it is necessary for us to obtain their advice or assistance, including lawyers, accountants, IT or public relations advisers;
- iii. Debt collection agencies where it is necessary to recover the money you owe us;
- iv. Other third parties such as intermediaries who we introduce to you. We will wherever possible tell you who they are before we introduce you;
- v. Our data storage providers:
- vi. Your agents, advisers, intermediaries, and custodians of your assets who you tell us about.
5.3.2 Legitimate interests
- a. We also process your Personal Data because it is necessary for our legitimate interests, or sometimes where it is necessary for the legitimate interests of another person. In this respect, we use your Personal Data for:
- i. For the administration and management of our business, including recovering the money you may owe to us, and archiving or statistical analysis;
- ii. Seeking advice on our rights and obligations, such as where we require legal advice. In this respect, we will share your Personal Data with our advisers or agents where it is necessary for us to obtain their advice or assistance and with third parties and their advisers where those third parties are acquiring, or considering acquiring, all or part of our business.
5.3.3 Legal obligations
- a. We also process your Personal Data for our compliance with a legal obligation which we are under. In this respect, we will use your Personal Data for the following:
- i. To meet our compliance and regulatory obligations, such as compliance with antimoney laundering laws;
- ii. As required by tax authorities or any competent court or legal authority. In this respect, we will share your Personal Data with the following:
- 1. Our advisers where it is necessary for us to obtain their advice or assistance;
- 2. Our auditors where it is necessary as part of their auditing functions;
- 3. With third parties who assist us in conducting background checks;
- 4. With relevant regulators or law enforcement agencies where we are required to do so.
- a. We may send you marketing about the Services we provide which may be of interest to you, as well as other information in the form of alerts, newsletters and invitations to events or functions which we believe might be of interest to you or in order to update you with information (such as legal or commercial news) which we believe may be relevant to you. We may communicate this to you in a number of ways including by post, telephone, email or other digital channels.
- b. You have the right to withdraw/unsubscribe your consent to marketing emails/newsletters at any time by contacting us.
5.3.5 Promotional offers from us
- a. We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which Services, and offers may be relevant for you (Marketing). You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
5.3.6 Third-party marketing
- a. We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your Personal Data with any company outside Sxill for marketing purposes.
- b. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the Platform and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time at email@example.com.
5.3.8 Change of purpose
- a. We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your Personal Data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
6. Data Security
6.1 We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
6.2 We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6.3 All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties
6.4 Skill land professional development training will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties
7. Data retention
7.1 How long will we use your Personal Data?
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it
for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature,
and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of
your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can
achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some
circumstances, we may anonymize your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with
you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely
without further notice to you.
Effective as of Sunday, 31 May, 2019